10 REASONS TO JOIN THE AUSTRALIAN, AMUSEMENT, LEISURE AND RECREATION ASSOCIATION (AALARA) INC.
By joining AALARA, your business will benefit from advice, knowledge, best-practices, resources, networking and marketing that our member association can provide.
Founded in 1995, AALARA is a national (not-for-profit) industry member association representing the amusement, attraction, leisure and recreation industry of Australia.
AALARA is committed to providing members with a professional national body which fosters personal and professional growth and development through training and education programmes and networking between members.
Whether you are a business owner, company director or senior management, the essential tools, resources and solutions provided by AALARA will enhance your personal development, business growth and profitability.
1. PROMOTION AND MARKETING OF YOUR BUSINESS
Membership provides promotion of your business to AALARA members, the Australian attraction and amusement industry, event organisers, media, television commercial production companies, schools and the general public.
- Professional recognition as an 'Accredited Member'
- Business listing in annual AALARA Member and Industry Supplier Directory
- Business listing on the AALARA website as an accredited industry member or supplier
- AALARA logo to use on your business cards, advertising and work vehicles (your business must remain a financial member of the association for rights to use this benefit)
2. MEMBER WEBSITE WITH RESOURCES (TRAINING, INFORMATION, SUPPLIERS AND JOBS)
Access to Members ONLY area on AALARA website that includes:
- Employment Contracts to safe guard your business against litigation including:
- Workplace Policies (Mobile Phone and Social Media Use, Workplace Bullying, Drugs and Alcohol, Sexual Harassment, Dismissal and retrenchment and more)
- Small Business Strategic Business Planning and Management information
- Human Resource Information- Quick access to Modern Awards and Industry Awards governing this industry
- Employment Templates including: Dismissal of probationary employee letter, payment in lieu of notice letter, termination of employment resulting from failure to improve conduct/performance letter, Notice of Redundancy, written warning regarding unacceptable behaviour conduct/performance, final written warning unacceptable behaviour conduct/performance, induction procedure checklist, letter to unsuccessful job applicant, letter advising receipt of job application, offer of employment letter for award employees, annual leave forms,
- Occupational health and safety and Risk Management
- Communications, Public Relations and Crisis Management resources
- Media Templates to assist you in managing an incident
- Mentors to guide you through business operations, media management and processes of incident management.
- Exclusive 10%* Discount with Avis and Budget car rental. Login to the Members only area to book and for full conditions.
3. KNOWLEDGE AND INFORMATION
Provides exposure of your business and its people to a wide variety of industry knowledge and invaluable information that will assist in the development and growth your business.
- FREE Subscription- Australasian Leisure Management Magazine- 6 copies per year mailed to your business
- Regular email alerts providing industry incidents, industry trends, changes to legislation, statistics and news relevant to your industry
4. MEMBER SUPPORT HOTLINE
- Dedicated Incident Response Hotline to provide legal advice in time of a crisis. If you have an incident- You can turn to us! (Business advisory service helpline plus 20 minutes free legal advice from Sparke Helmore)
5. ASSOCIATION eNEWSLETTER
The AALARA eNewsletter provides the latest news on case studies of business success, new innovations, trends, appointments and moves, statistics and other relevant information for your business.
- Monthly AALARA member eNewsletter emailed to your management team
6. POLICY DEVELOPMENT AND ADVOCACY
AALARA has been active in policy discussions regarding issues facing this industry. In 2013, AALARA presented submissions on:
- Modern Awards (Penalty Rates and Engagement period impacting entire industry)
- Inflatable Amusement Devices Legislation (bringing uniformity of exemptions across Australia)
- Weapons Act (Impacting Laser Tag industry)
- Communications, Public Relations and Crisis Media Management
- Legislative and regulatory advocacy across local, state and federal government
7. MEETINGS, WEBINARS, SEMINARS AND CONFERENCE AND TRADE EXHIBITION
Practical, relevant and important training opportunities for yourself and your staff:
- Member committee meetings representing the various industry sectors (Aquatics, Laser Tag, Go Karts, Trampolining, Transportable Amusements and Rides)
- Webinars from the convenience of your office -Human Resources/Industrial Relations, Incident Management, Marketing and more
- Seminars and networking- Invited industry speakers
- Substantial discount for members on registration fees for the 2017 AALARA Conference & Trade Show Gold Coast (15-18 May 2017)
Professional development opportunities with discounted attendance to AALARA’s annual Conference & Trade Show providing leadership, business practices, human resources, marketing and promotions, public relations, food and beverage, retail and insurance educational sessions
8. NETWORKING AND ACCESS TO INDUSTRY LEADERS
Membership provides exposure of your business and its people to a wide variety of industries, commercial and government agencies.
- Contact with industry suppliers and services providers who specialise in serving our industry
- Networking events and online communities for industry sectors to build profitability of your business
- Access to industry professionals and mentoring
9. INTERNATIONAL CONNECTIONS AND RESOURCES
AALARA is a Member of IAAPA, so you benefit from the sharing of information from the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions.
10. ACTIVE REPRESENTATON AND VOTING RIGHTS
- Representation on industry boards and committees to the benefit of our association members
- Voting rights for one (1) nominated representative
Active Corporate Membership of AALARA is open to any individual, partnership, company or organisation involved in the amusement, leisure and recreation industry. Operators, owners, manufacturers, suppliers, consultants and any other interested parties are eligible to join AALARA as Active Members. Active Members receive all membership benefits and can vote in AALARA elections.
Membership Categories -(One off joining fee-$60 plus annual fee as per category below):
- Corporate A (turnover up to $2million per annum)
AUD$350 (2 company personnel receive full member benefits)
- Corporate B (turnover $2m to $10 million per annum)
AUD$550 (3 company personnel receive full member benefits)
- Corporate C (turnover above $10 million per annum)
AUD$1200 (6 company personnel receive full member benefits)