Being held in Sydney for the first time in 15 years, the Australian Amusement, Leisure and Recreation Association (AALARA) annual conference is set to showcase all that its best about Australia’s, and New Zealand’s, attractions industry with a series of sector leading presentations, workshops, site tours and social events.
To be held at Luna Park Sydney from 23rd to 26th May, presentations will address operations, marketing, innovation, safety and technology, while industry breakout sessions will cover sector specific activities in go-karting, trampolining, transportable rides and aquatics.
Keynote presentations will be made by:
• John McReynolds, International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA) Chairman and Senior Vice President – External Affairs at Universal Theme Parks: covering global industry trends
• Chris Deere, Chief Executive, Rainbow’s End (Auckland): explaining what works for the attraction, which welcomes 400,000 guests each year.
• Brad Loxley, Senior Manager, Luna Park Sydney: covering leadership and the evolution of Luna Park Sydney.
• Paula Thomson, Senior Workplace Relations Consultant: expalinf key current workplace health and safety issues.
• Aaron Flanagan, Chief Operating Officer, Aussie World (Sunshine Coast): the development and implementation of Aussie World’s five-year business plan and accompanying master plan.
Other presentations will be made by social researcher Claire Madden; BridgeClimb Sydney Managing Director and former AALARA President Todd Coates; Bianca Sammut, Park Manager at Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi and lawayers Carlie Holt and Gillian Davidson.
There will also be a technology panel on e-commerce presented by representatives from Debitsuccess, Roller and Aussie World.
Conference site visits will include behind the scenes study tours of Scenic World Blue Mountains, the Sydney Opera House and Luna Park Sydney.
The tours are much different from AALARA’s last visit in 2001 when Wonderland Sydney and the Fox Studios Backlot were still operating. The AALARA Conference also offers an extensive social and networking program.
Image: Luna Park Sydney
View original post on AALARA website